Why Scraps of Grace you ask??? Primarily because it is through God's grace that I am able to do what I love...scrapbooking, cardmaking, basically anything that has beautiful paper and embellishments involved. This is also a place to share my work as well as whatever is on my heart. A creative outlet for the mind, body, and soul.

I encourage you to relax, read, and browse a while and I hope that your day will be brightened and blessed by what you encounter.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Not really...it's been bitter cold out here but very little snow so everything is crisp and brown in our corner of the world.  I'm ready for snow to cover it all up and be sparkly and white.  Meanwhile, I've been working on a few Christmas projects with many more to come (hopefully)
 
My husband's annual holiday party for his work is coming up soon and every year I make the place cards for the event.  I opted to use a new stamp set that I recently acquired from Lawn Fawn called Bows and Holly.  If you haven't tried Lawn Fawn's stamps, they are amazing.  I love them for coloring in.  The quality that they stamp is so crisp and clear leaving you with beautiful images to color in.  These are the finished place cards.
 

Supplies used: Cardstock - Neenah Solar White; Ink - Memento (Tuxedo Black); Pens - Copic (G24, YG61, YG 63, R22, R29, & R89), Sakura Gelly Roll (Clear Star)
 
I used Copic markers to color in the holly leaf and mistletoe stamps.  Once I had colored the images in, I took my Sakura Clear Star pen and added some glittery shine to the red berries for a bit of bling.  It's Christmas...you;ve got to have bling at Christmas!
 
 
 
Pin It!

5 comments:

Madeline said...

Beautiful place cards! Looks like there will be a crowd! lol

Tanya Ham said...

Wow - those are beautiful! :)

Angela said...

Fun! They look great.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are beautiful and I can see why you like the Lawn Fawn stamps, super cute!

Amanda said...

Super cute!